Various methods of carpet washing
Homeowners often do not realize that shampooing is not necessarily the best way to clean carpets. There are many options for cleaning carpets.
Some carpet cleaning methods involve light and affordable cleaning, while other methods are a better option for removing tough stains and dirt.
The best way to clean carpets is steam cleaning; This is because it removes more than 90% of dirt and bacteria from carpets. Dry cleaning of carpets is also effective, and it ensures that the carpets are ready for use as quickly as possible.
In this article, we will show you how to clean carpets and how they differ.
|Various methods of carpet washing|
1. Clean the carpet with shampooBecause the rug is not rinsed often after shampooing, this cleaning method is less common than others.
2. Carpet cleaning with dry foamThis method is very similar to washing the carpet with shampoo, and it depends on the strength of the movement of the brush. The liquid is the same as using shampoo, and this makes the carpet dry in a shorter time, and although some dry foam machines have a built-in vacuum cleaner, they still rely on drying the cleaning product into a flaky residue that dirt sticks to and is absorbed by the vacuum cleaner. The method is not effective for deep cleaning of carpets.
3. Dry cleaningIn this type of cleaning, the cleaning product is sprayed on the carpet in the form of a spray, then the carpet cleaning machine is turned on, and then the dirt is attached to the head of the cleaning machine, and the head can be changed to a clean one after it becomes dirty, and this method has the advantage of drying very quickly due to the small amount of moisture used, This method is good for cleaning the upper part of the carpet, that is, the part that is visible to the eye, and it is also good at removing heavy grit and sand that damage the carpet over time. This method is considered a temporary cleaning among the most effective deep cleaning procedures.
4. Cleaning with dry powderUsing this method, you sprinkle dry powder soaked with a chemical solvent over the area to be cleaned, then use a circular brush or a cylindrical roller brush to make the dry cleaning product touch the carpet, and after distributing the powder on the carpet, it must be vacuumed to remove the dry powder, and this method is characterized by the shortest drying period for carpets compared to all carpet cleaning methods; It enables us to walk on the rug almost immediately after cleaning unlike dry cleaning, and dry powder cleaning is a fairly good cleaning, especially for cleaning the top of the visible fibres of the rug if it is not very dirty, and the rug should be cleaned with a strong vacuum cleaner after powder cleaning dry;
Large amounts of detergent can remain, build up over some time and cause major problems later on.
5. Steam cleaningThis method can be applied using a steam cleaning device, after filling it with suitable cleaning material, and the dirt from the carpets is collected in this method inside the cleaning device tank, and the advantage of this method is its ability to clean large amounts of dust and pollutants in the carpets, and most high-quality carpets require this type of Cleaning every 18 months for maintenance.
What is the best way to clean carpets?There is no single carpet cleaning method that works for all types of carpets and treats all types of dirt and stains.
- Steam cleaning is excellent for those with sinus allergies or allergies to detergents and shampoos, as steam kills bacteria, germs, mould and mildew, however, it is difficult to remove all water residue after steam cleaning carpets, so carpets may not be ready to use for several hours after cleaning.
- Shampooing carpets are effective in removing tough stains, but it requires thorough cleaning and the detergent residue that remains in the carpet after shampooing will add dust and dirt to the surface of the carpet, and this makes the carpet look dirty after a time of shampooing.
- Dry cleaning of carpets is preferred in offices and homes where the number of family members is large because dry cleaning does not require a long wait for the carpets to dry. Proper ventilation, this carpet cleaning method may not be a good option for those with allergies or breathing difficulties.